All puppies purchased from K and R Labradors are provided with a guarantee on hips. The guarantee is covered for 26 months and covers genetic problems that prevent the puppies from passing certification by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA).
If in the 26 months your dog is diagnosed by OFA as having hip dysplasia, K and R Labradors will replace it with a puppy of comparable breeding. The Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) shall be the sole judge regarding hip dysplasia.
This guarantee applies only to hereditary defects listed above. For the puppy to be replaced the following must be followed.
1. The guarantee is only valid to the original purchaser of the dog.
2. K and R Labradors must also be notified within 10 days of diagnosis.
3. We require all documentation from OFA and a written statement from your veterinarian confirming that the dog has been spayed or neutered.
4. Any injury to the dog or breeding of the dog prior to the clearance by both OFA shall void the guarantee.
5. A copy of this guarantee will be sent with all documents.
6. Puppy must be registered either with the AKC or UKC. K and R must appear in the pedigree name of the puppy. Failure to do so the guarantee will no longer be valid.